Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Party Hearty: Mormon Style


Harry and Ron are disappointed, because they've been told you can't have a fun party as a Mormon.
"My name is Michelle and I like to party." 
No really, though, I do, just minus the drugs and alcohol:)  At BYU some people think you can't have fun without drugs and alcohol.  Why do they attend this school?  I don't know.

One of my biggest pet peeves is when someone says a variation of the following:
"I hate Provo, there's nothing to do."
"I hate Utah, there's nothing to do."
"It won't be fun if we're not drunk."
"My hometown was waaay cooler than anything here because..."

Maybe I have a little Utah pride? Yes. If you're not a boring person, there is plenty to do here. I love having fun and I don't like it when people try to rain on my parade.  Also: call me Molly Mormon, but I personally have more fun when I'm in an environment where I am comfortable and don't have to constantly be on my guard.

Let's be real. People have known balloons were fun since the 1800's.
VIRGIN Jello shots:) Still fun. Don't knock it till you try it.
Who needs drugs and alcohol when you have this face?:)
Silly string is CLASSIC fun.  There's no denying it.
Dancing whilst totally sober. Fun.
ROOTbeer pong. Challenging. Competitive. Fun.

"Red Solo Cup. I fill you up (with a nonalcoholic beverage). It's time to party."

Food and drink.  Always fun.

These people look like they're having fun.

2 comments: