To start out, we got some giant cardboard boxes from our friend who works at a furniture store. We cut out boat shapes and stuck them together with duct tape (for waterproofness) and masking tape (for paintability.) I made a little bench in the middle of mine to reinforce it from collapsing in on the sides.
|This was Molly's boat in the cardboard process|
After they were fully sealed, we covered them with Kool Seal roofing patch. This rubberized the cardboard to make it more water resistant.
We took them out on the lake! Some of them did better than others, and I'm happy to report Aphrodite did excellent.
|This is David and Cait. Unfortunately, they went down! You can see us paddling around in the background:)|
|Afterwards. She was getting pretty soggy!|