Friday, October 10, 2014

Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pirate's Life for Me!


So Elena, Matthew and I were at the Dizzle, (aka, the DI, aka Deseret Industries Thrift Store) looking for costumes. They gave me this one to try on, and it was STINKIN' CUTE! However, I'm a thrifty girl, and I just couldn't bring myself to fork over 20 big ones for a Halloween costume. And, you can't really tell from the pic, but the dress was maybe 14 sizes too big and a little short, so it would have required some alteration. And...I didn't really want to be a pirate. Good inspiration for a future sewing project though maybe!

I was able however to pick up some AMAZING wonder woman boot covers (I've been looking for those!!) Annnd, the dress led me to a little inspiration for my probable Halloween costume this year ;)

PS, on the way home the most amazing thing happened. Thrift Store by Macklemore came on the radio. Seriously. Poppin' tags. We cranked that.

No comments:

Post a Comment