Monday, July 14, 2014

Taking in a Dress

Ahh, nice and baggy ;)

I bought this dress for six bucks at Plato's.  I really like it, but it was extra big on me.  I decided to buy it anyway, and take it in.  I actually do this to most of my dresses so I can get a good deal ;)

This one was a little tricky, because of the gathered v neck front, v neck back and extra wide armholes with a side zipper.

I ended up taking in the front and back seam down below the dresses waist to just above my natural waist.  If there's one complaint I have about Downeast dresses, it's that they make their dresses for short, rotund people, no matter what the "size."

I took in the right side seam up through the armhole, and I created two new seams from the waist to armhole on the left side on either side of the zipper.

I did a quick tack together of the sleeves on top in a V to create a more fitted sleeve.  That's another thing I do to the sleeves of most dresses I take in.

It's not a full body shot, but here's the finished product!


1 comment:

  1. Downeast clothes are definitely not designed for short people.

    ReplyDelete