Wednesday, January 9, 2013

"Drops of Awesome:" Positivity


I just read "Drops of Awesome," by Daring Young Mom.  It was so inspirational.  She talked about how whenever you have a positive thought about something you're doing well, you remember that you're not doing it perfectly, and you feel discouraged.

I, like most people, am a perfectionist.  My own weaknesses (for lack of a better word) disgust me.  I have a desire to be perfect, to be unashamed of who I am, but it's hard because I'm not perfect (shocker) and I do LOTS of embarrassing things. :)

But I also do good things.  Both statements are true. I do good things and I do stupid things.  So I have to choose which one to focus on.  I choose positivity.  Things are the way they are, they don't affect how I think, feel and act.  How I interpret them affects how I think, feel and act.

None of us are perfect, but we're not lost causes either.  Focusing on the small victories adds meaning to a confusing life:)

No comments:

Post a Comment