Wednesday, January 15, 2014

I celebrate myself; I sing myself

Walt Whitman wrote the title of today's blog post for me.  Walt is a good friend like that.



I had a song in my head; it's a song that's in my head quite frequently.  "Come What May," from Moulin Rouge.  It's so soft, calm, powerful and beautiful.  I must have sung it 200 hundred times, but as I was singing it softly to myself as I was checking the mail, for the first time I really did feel like I was singing it to myself:)  It felt really good.  We're supposed to love ourselves, right? These were great words of affirmation.  I think I'll sing myself love songs more often;)

Here's my interpretation of 
Come What May

Never knew I could feel like this
-being so self-accepted
Like I've never seen the sky before
-there's this amazing, freeing, untapped, 
beauty in my life that i haven't been appreciating: 
love and acceptance for myself.
Want to vanish inside your kiss
-okay, it's a metaphor
Each day I'm loving you more and more
-every day my love and acceptance for myself grows
Listen to my heart, can you hear it sing?
-I'm so happy to be myself
Telling me to give you everything
-stop withholding love
Seasons may change, winter to spring
-sometimes it's easy to love myself, other times it's hard
But I love you until the end of time
-it can't change my love for my eternal identity.

Come what may
Come what may
I will love you until my dying day
-i'm someone on whom I can depend for unconditional love and acceptance

Suddenly the world seems such a perfect place
-really, what can hurt me if i know i love myself?
Suddenly it moves with such a perfect grace
Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste
-my life isn't perfect, but i realize that i wouldn't love myself more if it was.
It all revolves around you
-mmm, okay, it should involve others too;)
And there's no mountain too high
No river too wide
Sing out this song and I'll be there by your side
-i'm loyal to loving myself.
Storm clouds may gather,
And stars may collide
But I love you (I love you)
Until the end of time(until the end of time)
-until the end of time:)
Like I've never seen the sky before...

No comments:

Post a Comment